When Chandler Bing first meets Ross’s parents, he gets a haircut that is reminiscent of that worn by the members of the band A Flock of Seagulls in the 1980s. A flock of seagulls’ hair is essentially an exaggerated, dramatic hairstyle worn by Mike score that resembles the wings of a bird in flight on either side of the head with a downward-facing sweep that conceals one eye. Although the hairstyle resembles a seagull in flight, this is not where the name comes from.
Chandler Bing, as anyone who’s seen even a single episode of Friends can attest, was a master of caustic one-liners. As portrayed by the hilarious Matthew Perry, he was guaranteed to make you laugh in any given setting.
The flock of seagulls hair chandler was able to make the persona his own thanks to his sharp wit and humorous timing. He was trusted with some of the best gags in the screenplay and delivered them beautifully every time.
With this history of the proposed do in mind, you just might give it a shot about a flock of seagulls hair chandler. The hairstyle remains fashionable today. This ensemble is not difficult to achieve by any means. This hairstyle is great because it’s gender-neutral and may be worn by either men or women.
The Flock of Seagulls Haircut
Things that seemed regular at the time raise eyebrows when viewed through the lens of hindsight. We don’t necessarily remember thinking, “My, what a strange way to wear your hair,” as Mike Score screamed out, “Space Age Love Song.” Whereas now? Quite the unconventional cut, indeed.
Score quit his day job (as a hairdresser, of all things) in 1979 to create the band A Flock of Seagulls with his brother. The legend has it that before one performance, Score spent some time in front of the mirror attempting to recreate David Bowie’s iconic poof-mullet ‘do from his Ziggy Stardust days.
Unfortunately, bassist Frank Maudsley was also competing for mirror time, and, in the ensuing tussle, he put his hand on singer Score’s head, flattening his trademark poof in the process.
One way or another, the Flock of Seagulls haircut was formed.
The Quintessential Flock of Seagulls Look
While the original Flock of Seagulls haircut remains an enduring symbol of the ’80s, modern interpretations of the style allow for personalization and adaptability. Experiment with variations that suit your individual preferences and hair type, ensuring a contemporary twist on this timeless classic.
- Signature Asymmetry: The hallmark of the Flock of Seagulls haircut is its asymmetrical shape. Picture a voluminous crown of hair swept dramatically to one side, while the opposite side remains sleek and close to the head. This striking contrast creates an eye-catching visual impact.
- Height and Volume: To achieve the gravity-defying height, ample volume is key. Prepare to tease, spray, and backcomb your hair to create the iconic towering effect that sets this hairstyle apart.
- Precision Styling: The Flock of Seagulls haircut demands meticulous styling. A blow dryer, round brush, and a good quality hairspray are your trusty allies in achieving the perfect coiffure. Prepare to dedicate some time and effort to sculpting your hair into its distinctive shape.
The Flock of Seagulls haircut is not for the faint of heart. It’s a statement, a proclamation of your bold personality and fearless style. Own it with confidence, and let your attitude shine through, making heads turn wherever you go.
How to do The A Flock Of Seagulls Hair?
Materials you will need:
- A jar of hair mousse
- A bottle of hair spray
- Hair powder/dry shampoo
- A hairdryer
- A hairbrush
1. First, if your hair is short or medium in length, apply a sufficient amount of hair mousse (this or this is my recommendation for the best results). Apply some mousse by massaging it into your palm and working it through your hair. Repeat after a little pause.
2. Use a blow dryer to help the mousse set in.
3. Take the top layer of your hair and brush it up, so it stands straight.
4. Fourth, comb the two sides so that they droop ever-so-slightly in the back, and then spritz them to keep them there.
5. Fifth, smooth the midsection, and then comb a flick to rest on your forehead and partially hide your eyes.
6. Use hair powder and the second round of blow drying to set the look like a flock of seagulls hair chandler.
To maintain the integrity of your Flock of Seagulls haircut, regular trims are essential. Visit a skilled hairstylist who understands the nuances of this style to keep your locks looking sharp and well-maintained.
Invest in high-quality products designed for volume, hold, and shine. From volumizing mousse to styling creams, choose products that suit your hair type and help you achieve the desired height and texture.
No, this classic flock of seagulls hair chandler has not aged well. It’s gotten a lot of laughs in recent years. A metaphor for everything terrible and fantastic about the decade. To make fun of the decade of the 1980s, all you have to do is give your protagonist a set of cowlicks in the shape of dog ears and round off the look with some sweeping bangs.
The Flock of Seagulls haircut is your ticket to turning heads and unleashing your inner rock star. Embrace the asymmetry, height, and precision styling that define this iconic look, and make it your own. With confidence, attitude, and a touch of modern flair, you’ll leave a lasting impression wherever you go. So, dare to be different, dare to be extraordinary, and dare to rock the Flock of Seagulls haircut with unparalleled style!