The most empowering career move is to place your desk using a commanding position and find out your desk’s history. Second, the importance of a good office desk and feng shui is the quality and style of your desk. The best feng shui desk shape is one with the shape of a curved or rounded corner. It creates the most natural appearance and eliminates the risk of generating negative chi from sharp corners.
But we all agree this type of feng shui office desk might be difficult to purchase. Another good feng shui desk shape is the classic rectangular one. If you want to follow every feng shui for office advice, you can have an office desk custom-made.
Here are the auspicious feng shui dimensions: Width 60″ (89cm) x Length 33″ (84cm) x Height 35″ (89cm)
Feng Shui For Office Desk Position
A solid wooden desk is preferable. Wood is conducive to a natural flow of chi.
A glass-topped desk speeds up the flow of chi and helps you work fast. However, this more yang surface is not suitable for projects that need patience and long hours to complete. According to feng shui, a glass-topped desk also lets your money and business “fall through” the desk, finding no support.
An ideal feng shui office desk features full front and side panels. The longer the panels, the better. From the five feng shui animals, side panels represented by tiger and dragon, guard and protect every step of your career. The phoenix at the front lets your career move forward.
Feng shui recommends a rectangular shape of your desk so that it’s balanced and complete (no missing areas).
Top feng shui for office desk advice
For the best career achievement, an executive-style desk made of solid wood is your best choice.
What is the best feng shui colour for your office desk?
Darker wood colours (mahogany)are more yang and create a more official, serious or formal atmosphere in your office. Lighter wood colours are more yin and create a more relaxed and light atmosphere in your office.
The Golden Rules
- Don’t store more than nine objects for everyday use ( phone, computer, lamp) on your office desk. Make sure their placements correspond to the Bagua map. See the feng shui office desk picture below.
- Keep your desk clutter-free and organized at all times. Clean the way for prosperity energy to come your way.
- Use Bagua to set up your feng shui office desk.
- Your phone should be in the Wealth area of the desk (far back left corner). Phone in this feng shui area is more likely to ring with business and bring good deals in. You can place a nice purple crystal on a golden stand next to your phone to attract even more money flow.
- If you use a computer to generate money for your business (web design, stockbroker), keep it in the wealth area instead of the telephone. Make sure it doesn’t block your office door view.
- Place your desk lamp in your fame area. It will activate good future career options as well as improve your reputation. If it’s not suitable, use a small plant with a red flower or pot, which will greatly stabilize your career and reputation. Flowering Bonsai Trees are our recommended option as many of them are easy to take care of, good size even for your office desk or other stands and have important feng shui characteristics (round leaves, colour flowers). We don’t have to mention that they are really beautiful and powerful feng shui cure for your office.
- To fully activate helpful people keep your black computer mouse or tape black under an office desk in the feng shui Career area. If you are a creative person (designer, architect), keep your computer in the feng shui creativity area. Simply do the best matchup. I think you get it by now.
- Feng shui for office colours and Bagua applied to your office desk.
Feng Shui for Office Chair
Get a solid chair for success. The chair you sit on is your foundation at work. It holds and supports you throughout your career. Pay as much attention to your desk. Getting a good feng shui business chair:
Get a good solid chair for strong support. The best chair has a solid back with no gaps. The height for the back of your chair should reach your shoulders at least.
A chair with gaps on the back doesn’t fully support you. A short chair weakens you and leaves you vulnerable.
Feng shui suggests that you should also have solid arm support on both sides of the chair for stability and good posture.
One of the leading causes of back, neck and shoulder pain is incorrect posture while sitting at work. The best feng shui office chair that also protects your back need to have adjustable height and a seat that tilts so you can maintain the ideal posture.